In this section you will find helpful information for anyone who is having or expects to have a stay at Shoals Hospital. If you have questions about any of the following information or about something not covered here, please feel free to contact us.
- Telephones are provided in each patient room, except in the Intensive Care Unit. (This exception is intended to help more critical patients get needed rest for recovery.) Patients may receive calls in their rooms from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Local calls may be made at any time from the room by dialing 8 and the number.
- Long distance and toll calls can be made at any time by dialing 0. The operator will place the call on your calling card. Long distance calls cannot be charged to your room. You can make a credit card call or charge a long distance call back to your home phone number.
- Your family and friends can call you in your room by dialing 386-1 and your room number. For example, to call room 412, dial 386-1412.
- You may call the hospital operator by dialing 0 at any time for assistance.
Helpful Hospital Telephone Numbers
The following is a list of telephone numbers that may be useful during your stay at Shoals Hospital. You need only dial the four-digit extension from within the hospital to reach the department.
- Administration: (256) 386-1701
- Admitting: (256) 386-1618 or (256) 386-1615
- Case Management (Social Services): (256) 386-1577
- Community Relations: (256) 386-1808
- Day Surgery: (256) 386-1730
- Food Service: (256) 386-1656
- Gift Shop: (256) 386-1517
- Housekeeping: (256) 386-1612
- LifeWise/Volunteer Services: (256) 386-1640
- Media/Community Relations: (256) 386-1808
- Nursing Service: (256) 386-1692
- Operator: 0
- Patient Accounts: (256) 386-1469 or (256) 386-1637
- Patient Information: (256) 386-1616
- Physical Therapy: (256) 386-1641
- Patient Representative: (256) 386-1640
- Patient Satisfaction: (256) 386-1640
A representative from the Patient Accounting Department can answer questions about your hospital bill and help you interpret financial policies and billing procedures at the hospital. You may contact Patient Accounting by calling (256) 386-1469 or (256) 386-1637 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The cafeteria at Shoals Hospital is Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served from 7-9:30 a.m., while lunch is from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. The cafeteria is on the first floor of the facility.
Vending machines for snacks and/or beverages are located throughout the hospital.
In order to provide a healthy environment for our patients, visitors, and employees, smoking is prohibited. Shoals Hospital is a smoke free facility.
Visitors are welcome at Shoals Hospital and are a valuable part of our patients’ recovery. Patient care is our primary concern; therefore, visiting hours may vary to accommodate our patients’ needs. A hospital-wide quiet time is observed between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Visiting hours in the Intensive Care Unit vary based on patient need. Specific times are posted in that unit.
Gifts for Patients
Gifts are welcome for our patients. We ask that you seek the advice of a member of our clinical staff to ensure that your choice will, meet be appropriate.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in front of the hospital. Outpatient parking is available behind the hospital near the Outpatient Services entrance, and adjacent to the entrance to the Physical Therapy areas. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on the main floor and on the 2nd floor near the ICU. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the Intensive Care Unit, the Emergency Department and Surgery. During certain hours, a volunteer hostess is on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
The hospital Gift Shop, staffed by volunteers, is open from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Gift Shop is located on the first floor, and has gift items, magazines, books, greeting cards, stamps, candy, toiletries, flowers and balloons. The Gift Shop phone number is 1517.
An area for prayer and meditation has been designated on the first floor. Visitors of all faiths are welcome.
Public restrooms are available for our visitors on the 1st floor in the main lobby, near the Emergency Room entrance, and near the Outpatient Admitting area. On the 2nd floor, restrooms are available next to the ICU Waiting Rooms.